Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blog Housekeeping #2

Pretty busy week, but I will be posting some things here shortly, and wanted to share some additional thoughts on this blog based on feedback and responses. This is a personal blog.  I'm a private citizen, I am not writing this as a political figure nor an expert of anything. It has been slow to launch because of content, research, and of course blog design.  I have created, recreated, deleted, altered, lost, redesigned, and amended the "bloggie" because the templates are limited and deciding to blog, especially if you are me,  there needs to be thought into where I am going with all this.

The blogosphere here in El Paso can use some political "salsa".  In fact, I hope that others become encouraged to blog because we need it.  Not enough "other than political factions" opinion out there, although being back in the community as a private citizen, there are clearly groups emerging, young leaders are hungry to be involved, and groups such as Occupy El Paso have produced natural leaders. I said "leaders" not "leadership" group, because that is what has emerged - leaders!

The music scene is blossoming in this town at a creative rate. El Paso has always been this breeding ground for outrageously talented musicians but now you can see the maturing stage of the local music scene because of the efforts of seed planters like Bobbie Welch and Joe Dorgan. And so, not the expert but simply an aficionado of music, musicianship, venues, the "you had to be there" moment, and fan, I will interject my opinion in hopes of helping advance an opinion of the El Paso music scene and local musicians and music acts.



The internet sky, the big open and largely blank chalk board in the sky, belongs to no one. In fact, it belongs to everyone. Equally. There is no segregation in the internet. The only segregation that exists in the blogosphere is the one you create by going or not going where you want to go. And you can expand or limit your "sky" however you want by going or not going to that internet space or to that internet blog that entertains, enlightens, or angers you. It is your choice - the "sky" is the limit!! So "haters" continue your small minded, self indulgent, egotistical opinion going at your own pace and at your own place. Leave me alone. You don't bother me, nor do you influence me!

For you English teachers, grammar wonks, editors, thank you for the corrected sentences.  I pretty much write what I think, don't put much thought into grammar, or punctuation, or spelling (thank God for internal spell check or the spelling bee queens would be crazy on me), but I will work on it, and not just pound on the keyboard and upload.  I'm still in the infant stage of the blog and not yet at an editing stage, but hope to continue to explore a little more and figure all this out.

So, this segment of the internet sky where I write, belongs to thoughts and observations by me.  That is all.  Nothing more, nothing less!  

No comments: