Friday, August 31, 2018

The Norma Chavez Blog Comes Back - A Border Latina Perspective

Welcome !!!  Bienvenidos !! Woa'ah tamu !
I have decided to blog again to add a Border Latina perspective to the Border blogosphere.

Too many boys, most not from or living in the Borderlands and as sole caregiver of my 85 year old parents I have some time in between domestic duties, cooking (learning Mom's secrets), and listening to their stories (really listening) as they were 1950's cool cats. It will be an open public conversation so long as everybody plays fair and is cool. I will post and hope to provide a public platform for talking politics, community issues, the arts and music, history and culture, the 915, the Borderlands (the 512 since I have lived in both cities for more than 20 years). I will block submitted posts that don't contribute to a healthy public conversation. It is my blog and my opinion.



The Norma Chavez Blog is the personal web-blog of a community activist, organizer, business woman, and communications/productions consultant. I was blessed to serve 14 years in the Texas House of Representatives. I am dog mom to "HD" my beloved poodle with wavy hair and a long tail and "Cantinflas" a pit mix rescue. I am a 2nd generation El Pasoan, born and raised along the Border. I am bilingual, bicultural living in a tri-state (Texas, New Mexico, Chihuhua), tri-nation (USA, Mexico, Ysleta Del Sur Pueblo) community. The blog is a Border Latina perspective on various local, state, national, and Border international issues and provides my personal opinion with hopes to encourage political thought, conversation, participation, creativity and public action. Posts are based on my personal life experiences, research, facts, articles, humor, interviews, and plain old common sense. I write it because "El que no habla, Dios no lo oye!"

(sneak peek----to be released this weekend). My first official blog (as this is an intro) will be on Lisa Wise, the El Paso Elections Administrator and the El Paso Election Machines:
Premier/Diebold (Dominion) AccuVote TSX DRE-Touchscreen with no VVPAT . 



No comments: