Sunday, June 3, 2012

THE HORSE RESULTS: "Norma's PICKS & PREDICTS" 14 out of 18 Correct or 1/2 Correct, 4 Wrong!! (Not bad since 2 of the 4 were picks I just COULDN'T call for the winners ).


The political horses have finished their races and taking laps around the track to cool down and figure out what went right or what went wrong and what could they have done for a photo finish victory.


Last City election (2011), I was making "picadillo" when I wrote a "note" called the "Picadillo Derby" on Facebook (it is still there if you care to look at those picks and predicts) and I gave horse names to candidates in the grand spirit of horse racing as a comparative to political races. In those races I too had wins, loses, and run-offs. It is in the spirit of American politics that I do the picks.  

I picked a few horses this delayed Democratic Primary and I get the last say on my "Norma's Picks and Predicts".  That is the fun part of of writing a blog, writing political satire, "picks and predicts", and sharing those predictions as a radio talk show host of a "Democratic leaning" talk show I host BORDER TALK (time for a plug: KHRO 1150 AM, Monday - Friday 10 am to 12 noon and can be streamed at www.khro1150.com) is that you can write what you want, in the style that you want, the grammar that you want, the language that you want, the Spanglish if you want.  It's my bloggie.


And so out of "18 picks and predicts"  I accurately called 8 races, I called at least one of the candidates in a run-off in 6 races, and I called 4 races wrong.  Granted the 4 races I called wrong, two of those races, I would have never called for the people who won because of my bias (yes I said it...I was biased).

I am working on a "Picks and Predicts" quick wrap up on this blog post that will be updated and I am working on an extensive piece with political junkie and numbers guru Alex Guzman (my guest host on BORDER TALK on KHRO 1150 for the two El Paso Democratic Primary shows we did election day) on the specific Reyes vs O'Rourke race. This piece is will be statistical in nature with opinion on what the data means. (Alex you ROCKED as a radio co-host).

A big thank you to David Candelaria and Joe Joe Garcia at Entravision for recognizing the public value of a second show in the afternoon on Election Day.  If you see them out and about let them know you appreciate the return of talk radio during the week and the two shows on Election Day.  Lots to talk about on BORDER TALK!!

Updates on this blog, are forthcoming on the 18 races.  I have already posted a lot of my public commentary and concepts on my Facebook wall. I will be expanding on some of these political thoughts and or concepts and adding new commentary to the subject matter of votingLatino empowerment, politicsgender, and specific elections.

to be continued......

No comments: